Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 3 - Intergrity

I skipped a day. :(

We needed a lazy day around here yesterday. Neither of us slept well so we laid around a lot on Tuesday. I did some light housework and that was about it.

So I focused on integrity today.

The study today called for praying for your son to be like several men from the bible; Paul, Timothy, Daniel, Joseph, Abraham. I don't know why but I've never considered praying for my son to be like those men. I should...they all had VERY admirable qualities.

Daniel was focused on a lot, he was taken from his home at a young age (probably in his mid-late teens) and taken to live in a foreign land. The bible tells us of Daniel and the stands he took against the Babylonians. Every child learns the story of Daniel in the lion's den, but that wasn't the only time he stood up for his beliefs. His friends stood up for what they believed in as well, and all four men were faced with certain death for doing what was right in God's eyes. (We all know that story though.....God saved them!!)

On the way home from bible study, I discussed this with my husband. How do you teach "integrity"? We both agreed probably the best way is to model it. Andrew needs to see his mom and dad stand up for their beliefs, even when they aren't popular. He needs to see us stand firm for God's word and truth.

And that is an area in which I NEED focus my own prayer life.

No comments:

Post a Comment