Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 2 - Submission to Authority

Today was Day 2 of the 21 Days of Prayer for Sons. The focus of today's prayers and study was on submission to authority.

It gave me a lot to think about as I prayed for Andrew to see the beauty in submission. I think submission might be a harder thing for males than females. A man has to walk that very fine line between leading his submissive wife and controlling her, the latter of course being wrong. One of my prayers today was that Andrew would see this type of relationship modeled in his father and I, but also in his grandparents, his aunts and uncles, etc. Praying about it also led me to wanting to study a woman's role concerning submission.

The other thing that I thought about a lot was from Romans 13:1. " Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."

I don't think it's any big secret that I'm not a fan of Obama. So this is an area I struggle with in my personal life. How on earth do I submit myself to the rule of a man with who I so adamantly disagree? As the author of Warrior Prayers states when talking about praying for her sons, I think politics is also a battle that is best fought on our knees....praying, pleading with God, rather than bashing the government and rulers any chance we are given. (That's all I'm going to say on that subject...I don't want to do any political discussions!!) ;)

There is so much of submission that is intertwined with obedience, which was the topic from Day 1. A very valid point was made on Day one --- if a man does not know how to be led, he will never know how to lead. I think that is a thought worthy of repeating today when I prayed for submission to authority over my son.

***

In other exciting news --- our garden looks amazing. :) I will do a gardening update this upcoming weekend. We've counted 16 buds on the tomatoes, the green beans and corn are up and standing tall, the peppers look pretty awesome and the watermelon is starting to spread! I also used some fresh basil in my spaghetti sauce tonight...it tasted amazing!

***

Today was my first day being gluten-free. This is another upcoming blog topic. Due to some recent health issues, I've decided to see if being gluten free will help. I guess we will see...pray for me! I'm craving a Hershey's bar in the worst kind of way!

*Kym*

No comments:

Post a Comment