Sunday, June 8, 2014

Andrew is five!

I've neglected my blogger for the past year (like, a whole year...the last post I did was for Andrew's fourth birthday) because this past year has been a crazy whirlwind of....craziness. At some point I'll write about it but today, it's to share about my big, sweet boy and celebrate him!



He's FIVE. I have a five year old. He's reading, having his own independent adventures in our neighborhood, he's a wonderful big brother, he's learning daily to show compassion and love for others, and we are told frequently that he is a great hugger...I agree! :) He LOVES to give hugs and kisses, and I hope he never outgrows that. I hope he's still sharing his love for his friends and family with hugs and kisses till he's old!

As our tradition is, we do an interview a few days before his birthday. I started at three with Andrew, and plan to start at three with JohnDavid and other kids (number three is due to arrive in Dec!) so we've had two years of interviews so far and I love seeing the changes, but also seeing what stays the same!

If you want to check them out, feel free.

Andrew at three.
Andrew at four.

But here he is at five. We added a new question to the interview this year, "What's your favorite thing to do with JohnDavid?" I think the answer will surprise no one. ;)

I am so proud of my big boy and the little man he's becoming! Happy Birthday Andrew!!



1. What is your favorite color? “Red!”
2. What is your favorite toy? “T-Rex and Torosaurus”
3. What is your favorite fruit? “Apples”
4. What is your favorite tv show? “Wild Kratts!”
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? “When mommy makes donuts.” 
6. What is your favorite thing to wear? “My dinosaur shirts!”
7. What is your favorite game? “Wild Kratt’s with monkeys!”
8. What is your favorite snack? “Fruit snacks even though mommy doesn’t buy them for us cause they are bad for your teeth.”
9. What is your favorite animal? “A moose. But besides that, a cheetah.
10. What is your favorite song? “I am a Paleontologist!”
11. What is your favorite book? “I like my dinosaur books, and then the one about dragons.”
12. Who is your best friend? “Daddy, and Jonas.”
13. What is your favorite movie? “I have two and they tie. Walking with Dinosaurs and How to Train Your Dragon.”
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? “Play in the dirt and look for worms.”
15. What is your favorite drink? “Chocolate milk and lemonade. But not together.”
16. What is your favorite holiday? “Christmas, because I like opening presents and playing with brother.”
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? “Wyatt and Blackie.” 
18. What is your favorite thing to do with daddy? “Go fishing and show him how clean my room is because he likes me having a clean room. I like to ride in his truck and I like when we go do things in the woods.”
What is your favorite thing to do with mommy? “I like when we talk and tell each other stories. I like it when we go to the library too.”
What is you favorite to do with JohnDavid? “Run around and play chase and tag. And wrestle. And when we play Duck, Duck, Goose. And build with blocks and legos.”
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? “A paleontologist or a paleo-geologist.”



1 comment:

  1. I randomly check here to see if you post because I no longer have FB, and I think about you often! So glad you have posted. Andrew is sooo big, and I love how his answers have evolved so much, but he remains true to himself since birth it seems. This kid is definitely on the path to follow his dreams! I'd love to connect with you on IG if you have one, and email! adrouse04@gmail.com Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete