Thursday, June 7, 2012

Andrew's Last Day as a Two Year Old

At 2:28 am on June 8th, 2009, my little boy arrived earthside.

That was *almost* three years ago. Three. Really. THREE.


It's kind of amazing to think that this little precious bundle has grown into this handsome little man.


Andrew is a joy. He's so happy and fun. I know I constantly talk about him but he really is so much fun. Parenting is hard, but he makes it a wonderful experience. I know he is going to be a fabulous big brother to either Liberty or JohnDavid (not sure if we are having a boy or girl!) and I'm looking forward to all the times we will have together.

At three years old, I watch my son grow and play and I thank God for His amazing blessings. A healthy child. A happy child. An absolutely hilarious child. We have our moments when we try each other's patience, but those moments are fleeting and pass quickly. 

Instead of going on and on about my little boy, I'm starting a new tradition this year. I have heard from several mommy friends that they like to "interview" their children on their birthdays, and have keepsakes for when they are older. Then I was browsing Pinterest and came across this blog with a fabulous idea for the interviews! So, here is Andrew's first interview at age three. I wrote down his replies, with any explanation needed in parenthesis. 

1. What is your favorite color? “Brown.”
2. What is your favorite toy? “My cars and trucks. And my blocks are my favorite toy.”
3. What is your favorite fruit? “Grapes are my favorite.”
4. What is your favorite tv show? “It’s Dragon Tales. And my favorite is Word World and doggies!” (Doggies - “Leap Frog: Scout on the Farm)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? “Toast bread.”
6. What is your favorite thing to wear? “My cowboy boots. My favorite clothes is my camo.”
7. What is your favorite game? “Hangy Birds.” (Angry Birds)
8. What is your favorite snack? “Goldfish and bunnies.”
9. What is your favorite animal? “My doggy. My doggy is black and her name is Bella!”
10. What is your favorite song? “I don’t have a favorite song! Hhmph!” (crosses arms)
11. What is your favorite book? “Dinosaur Bone! I like bones!” ( The Berenstain Bears Detectives and the Missing Dinosaur Bone)
12. Who is your best friend? “Daddy. My best friend is Momma.” 
13. What is your favorite movie? “It’s Cars. They are race cars. But Mater’s not a race car.”
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? “Push the lawnmower.”
15. What is your favorite drink? “Water.”
16. What is your favorite holiday? “Christmas with Santa Claus!”
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? “I like to sleep with mommy!”
18. What is your favorite thing to do with daddy? “I like to ride in Dad’s truck and look for frogs!”
19. What is your favorite thing to do with mommy? “I like to build towers and cuddle with mommy.”
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? “I am Andrew and I want to be like daddy.”

I'm looking forward to our next year together, I enjoy watching him change, grow and learn about the world around him. 


4 comments:

  1. He's so smart! I love how he knows the difference of who he is, but who he's like to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious!
    Happy Birthday handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete