Thursday, October 20, 2011

Changes.......Lots of Them.

Last week while I was attending a beautiful birth, my husband got orders.

For those of you who don't speak "military", that means he was given orders about his next assignment. Basically he got orders saying "You are no longer needed in your career field. Here's a new one." I'm sure it was more official than that...and probably a lot longer too, but that was the jist of it.

In April he will leave for five months and attend Tech School. We should get a base assignment sometime in June/July and move in September.

Our fingers are crossed that we get Mountain Home AFB in Mountain Home, ID but as I sit here this morning in 54 degree weather (not all that cold), I'm reminded how much I dislike cold weather. It makes my bones hurt. I spent six years of my life in Moscow, ID. More snow that I EVER cared to see. But Idaho is a truly lovely and beautiful state. They are also an Open Carry state which is awesome as well.

We could also end up at two different bases in Texas (on in Abilene and one in Wichita Falls), Missouri (a place called Knob Noster -- awesome name), South Dakota or California (yikes...no thanks!). There are several overseas options as well...those haven't been revealed to us. Except England.

Soooooo...what are Andrew and I going to do in April? We are moving in with my parents (and grandmother). We briefly toyed with the idea of going to Tech School with Philip but that means the three of us in a dorm room. Which translates to me -- in a dorm room with an almost 3 year old. No thank you. Besides, this will give my mom and dad a lot of extra time with their grandson before we leave.

I'm looking forward to our new adventure. I'm looking forward to a new place, new people, new opportunities. I'm sad about leaving my parents and some wonderful friends I've made here....but sometimes it is time to move on. I think it is our time now.

HOWEVER...I'm not focusing on any of this till after the holidays. I'm going to get some clothes/toys cleaned out before Christmas but I'm not going to focus on trying to pack, find a storage shed...what to keep out, what to pack, what to give away....till January roles around.

And speaking of January...I did something today I am kind of excited about. I found out about an opportunity to be featured in a weight-loss article for Redbook magazine. I submitted my picture and reasons why......and from the sounds of it, they will be pulling from a very small pool of applicants. Sounds like fun. The weight loss goal is to get back into your wedding dress. I'm 20 lbs away from fitting into my wedding dress...........

Okay.....I need to go get breakfast started. Maybe if I move around I won't freeze to death. It's only 54 degrees outside....my hands are blue. :P

~Kym

3 comments:

  1. It's really refreshing to see the way you're embracing these big changes. I hope they work out to be wonderful ones for your family! It sounds like there are some exciting possibilities for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great if you ended up back in Idaho! Let me know if you end up there... Or in Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through a crazy string of natural, etc., blogs! You'll have to post when you find out where you hubby is getting stationed-mine's a reservist but works full time at one of the bases in good ol' SoDak! I could show you around! :) Praying the Lord gives both you and your husband the strength to finish out this absence!

    ReplyDelete