Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tomorrow, tomorrow

I'm so excited to write about this.

I'm a military wife. My husband joined the Air Force and went through BMT and Tech School and then spent two years overseas in Japan before we met. By the time we met he had been in for almost four years, and he was an E4. He actually had already re-enlisted once before we started dating. So when we got married, I jumped into the military lifestyle right away.

He deployed soon after we were married. We spent seven months of our first year of marriage apart.

Like I said, I dove into the military life head first. ;)

Last October we got word that he was being reclassed. Basically the Air Force said "You are no longer needed in your career field, here's another one." We found out he would leave in April and finish up in August.

Five months apart. Ugh.

Thankfully we have gotten to see each other a few times. This has been especially important for Andrew to see his daddy.

But tomorrow...this all ends. My husband, Andrew's daddy, is coming HOME!

We are ready to be a family again, and welcome a new member to our family (I'm ready to pop!!)

Tomorrow is going to be an amazing, joyful, wonderful day!

Have you ever been away from your spouse for an extended period? How did you handle it?

1 comment:

  1. I don't even think I could handle being a trucker's wife. I do not envy you. You have done such an amazing job!

    Can't wait to read about daddy's return home AND the arrival of that little bundle. Again, I so see Daddy arriving home just in time to support you through birthing! I'm so glad baby has stayed put!

    ReplyDelete